A blog where I post a lot of random shit I do. As I have mentioned elsewhere on my site, I'm primarily a techy, a hacker. So here I have lots of techy rants (on what software I despise, for example), tutorials/guides, free software, etc.
- 2019-12-23 - dwm & sxhkd: Using sxhkd with dwm to complete the UNIX way.
- 2019-12-11 - Moving Away from CMake: Reasons why I've decided to use CMake less often for building code, and am instead using UNIX Makefiles.
- 2019-12-02 - Gentoo and How It's Useful: A reflection on my experience with Gentoo since I've started using it.
- 2019-10-25 - Patches and Suckless: Announcing a new page for patches I use for suckless software.
- 2019-09-18 - How to Split Tech Monopolies: As more and more of us start to conclude that large tech companies such as Facebook and Google must be broken up, the question arises as to how this should happen. This is especially important as often times a single product monopolizes the market (such as Skype). Interestingly enough, the solution isn't a new strategy, but an old one.
- 2019-08-22 - Build Libraries, Not Apps: A case for people to write libraries and other APIs first, rather than apps.
- 2019-07-26 - The Cancer Which Is Pre-Installed Applications: Ranting about those pesky pre-installed apps on phones and computers that you cannot remove.
- 2019-06-17 - MNT Reform Adopts i.MX8: The MNT Reform team to adopt i.MX8 for the re-introduction of the Reform.
- 2019-06-16 - More Settings, Less Locale: Why using locale to define all the settings isn't always a good idea.
- 2019-06-16 - PyBitmessage Sucks: Why I've stopped using Bitmessage.
- 2019-01-12 - ARM, the Future of Free Software: An introduction into the world of ARM computers and why ARM may be the future favorite architecture of free software supporters.
- 2018-12-08 - Getting More Women in Technology: An elaboration on the solutions proposed in my post on the Google Memo.
- 2018-03-18 - Hosting My Own Git: About my migration away from code hosting services, hosting my own git server.
- 2018-03-01 - I Hate Licensing, but I'm Glad It's There
- 2018-01-02 - Waterfox: My switch to Waterfox as my main browser.
- 2017-12-20 - My Recent Dislike for OOP Languages
- 2017-11-17 - From Firefox to Palemoon: Switching to Palemoon for more addon compatibility since Firefox 57 (Quantum).
- 2017-11-08 - User-Friendliness and Modern Tech
- 2017-10-14 - Full Disk Encryption with GRUB2: How to get full disk encryption with Arch using GRUB2.
- 2017-09-04 - Why Mac Sucks
- 2017-08-13 - The Google Memo: My opinion on the dubbed "Google Memo" that has been going around, and how to encourage more women to enter STEM careers.
- 2017-07-09 - Why Windows Sucks
- 2017-05-13 - Your Computer, Your Computing
- 2017-05-12 - From Parabola to Arch: Why I switched from using Parabola GNU/Linux-libre to ArchLinux.
- 2017-05-02 - Patch Files: Defending the use of patch files over pull request nonsense.
- 2017-04-18 - A Library Copyleft License Combination
- 2017-04-08 - The Unused Potential of Bitmessage: A post about an awesome e-mail replacement tool.
- 2017-03-25 - Reasons Not To Use the GPL: Why we should use the AGPL rather than the GPL.
- 2017-03-05 - Change of Heart on HTTPS: Basically, forget everything I said before about "The HTTPS Hype".
- 2017-02-21 - Encrypted Backup Drive: How to create an encrypted backup drive using LUKS encrypted partitions.
- 2017-02-20 - Parabola with LVM on LUKS: Installing Parabola with LUKS encrypted userland and home directories (although not the boot directory where the kernel is, sadly).
- 2017-01-30 - Developers as an Audience
- 2017-01-14 - The Onion Router
- 2017-01-13 - Parabola GNU/Linux-libre
- 2017-01-07 - Getting Esperanto Diacritics on GNU/Linux
- 2016-12-22 - We i3 Now: I switched to using i3.
- 2016-12-19 - My Preference for C
- 2016-12-05 - Why I Use CLI
- 2016-11-29 - Non-Free Firmware
- 2016-11-28 - The Importance of Libre Games: Why it's important to have libre games as well as other applications.
- 2016-11-22 - For Tabs: Defending the use of tabs for coding.
- 2016-11-15 - Studying for My C++ Exam: Interesting things I've found about C/C++.
- 2016-10-06 - Adobe Flash Needs to Die
- 2016-09-30 - Educational Software
- 2016-09-02 - The HTTPS Hype
- 2016-08-20 - My Loathing of Apple: The origins of my hatred for Apple.
- 2016-08-17 - Tox
- 2016-08-13 - Strict Compilers: Why I think it's important to use a strict compiler.
- 2016-07-31 - My First Superficial Impressions of FreeBSD: Tried out FreeBSD, these are my thoughts.
- 2016-07-25 - My Favorite Vim Plugins
- 2016-07-18 - My Favorite Firefox Addons: A list of addons I use.
- 2016-07-05 - Why I Am a GPL Advocate: Why I support licenses like the GPL and the copyleft movement.
- 2016-07-04 - Game/Website/App Creators: Ranting about 'creator' software.
- 2016-06-06 - Why I Hate the Web: A rant about web technologies.
- 2016-06-05 - Resources for Learning x86_64 Assembly: Links for learning x86(_64) assembly.
- 2016-05-26 - The New Era of Script Kiddies: Rant about scripting languages and the people that use them.
- 2016-05-19 - Ethical Giving: Ethical tech gifts from the FSF.