Recipe: Pollo Picantito - 2020-01-13
This dish, literally meaning spicy chicken, is not Spanish in origin. In fact, it's probably Latin American. The ingredients are simple and (depending on where you live) cheap.
- Rice (arroz)
- Chicken breast (pechuga de pollo)
- Green pepper (pimiento verde)
- Onion (cebolla)
- Garlic (ajo)
- Pureed tomato (tomate triturado)
- Olive oil (aceite de oliva)
- Salt (sal)
- Start boiling the rice while you do all the rest
- Chop up the onion and peppers.
- Add some oil to the pan and begin to sauté the onions and peppers until golden.
- Cut the chicken breast into chunks and throw them in the pan.
- Cut the garlic and throw it in the pan.
- When the chicken and vegetables are golden add the jalapeño and keep heating for about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato and let is simmer all simmer until the rice is done.
When the food is done, you can serve by adding rice to your plate and then adding some sauce on top.